Homeowners insurance protects not only your physical assets, but also includes protection from lawsuit against you or your family. Your home is likely the most significant investment you will ever make, which is why protecting it from unexpected loss or damage is important.
No two households are alike, which is why it’s important to understand the various limitations and coverage options that are available. Home insurance policies come in a variety of different forms and should be tailored to fit your specific needs. Let us help you navigate the various aspects of your homeowners insurance policy.
Important Questions When Considering Homeowners Insurance
- The year the home was built?
- What is the age of the plumbing and electrical system?
- What is the age and type of roof?
- What is the size of the house in square feet?
- Have there been any claims filed in the last 5 years?
- What is the location of the home?
Three Types of Coverage
- Most basic, HO-1 policies cover the owner against issues like fire, theft and certain types of liability
- More comprehensive coverage is the HO-2 policy. This extends to damage from broken pipes, ice and snow or even a broken water heater.
- The HO-3 gives more protection and covers most damage with the exception of things like flood, nuclear accident, earthquake and war. If you owe money on your home your lender most likely requires this type of coverage.
Insurance Providers We Trust
- Auto-Owners offers insurance coverage for Homes, Condominiums, and Mobile homes.
Including many options and discounts such as:
- 100% replacement cost
- Dwellings under construction
- Mature home owners and renters
- Multiple policies
- Premium paid in full
- Protection devices (smoke alarms, deadbolt locks and fire extinguishers)
- Renovated or new homes
- Seasonal dwellings
- Hanover Insurance offers Basic, Select, Select Plus, Select Premium, and Select Premium Extra policies. Connections Home insurance provides homeowners with flexible packages that match lifestyles. Tailoring these options can make these policies optimal for single family homes, condominiums, apartments and renters.
The Basic policy starts with:
- Replacement cost coverage up to the value of the dwelling for most common causes of loss
- Other structures such as non-attached garages and tool sheds
- Personal belongings including furniture, clothing and appliances
- Liability claims involving bodily injury and property damage
- Medical payments to non-household members who are accidentally injured on your property
- Your home, being one of your biggest investments, is why Fremont Insurance has the coverage and discounts that homeowners need to protect this investment. Fremont offers affordable and flexible options to meet the wide range of personal insurance needs.
Fremont offers policy options that fit the homeowners needs rather than the homeowner trying to fit into the limits of a policy. Fremont offers policy options that reflect the needs of their client base.
Some of the wide range of discounts include:
- Non Smoker
- Senior Citizens
- New Home
- Home Alarm Systems
- Claims Free
- Michigan Insurance Company puts your mind at ease knowing that your biggest investment, your home, is protected.
Some of the coverage available are:
- Extended Replacement Cost on Dwelling
- Replacement Cost on Contents
- Personal Liability
- Special Personal Property Replacement Cost
- Water Back-up from Sewers and Drains
- Identity Theft Expense
- Ordinance & Law
- Scheduled Personal Property (jewelry, furs, firearms, golf equipment, electronic equipment, etc.)
- Blanket Jewelry & Fine Art Coverage
- Home Business
- Decreasing Deductible
- Fire Department Service Charge-Local
- Multi-Policy Discount
- New Home Credit
- New Roof Credit
- Mature Homeowners Credit
- Loss Free Credit
- Longevity Credit
- Insurance Score Credit
- Group Discounts